Install the Plugin
Indifferently which download option you have chosen (see: First Steps), you will need to install the plugin the same way. This chapter will describe the steps you need to take to install the plugin.
First, make sure you have the plugin ZIP file 'go_pricing.zip' ready with you.
There are two options when it comes to installing the plugin:
- A. Installing via FTP
- B. Installing via WordPress Plugin Uploader
A. Installing the plugin via FTP
- Unzip the 'go_pricing.zip' file to a folder on your local drive.
- Upload the 'go_pricing' folder to the WordPress plugins folder on your server
(example: http://yourserver/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/) using FTP.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Plugins page.
- Activate the plugin.
B. Installing the plugin via WordPress Plugin Uploader
- Log into your WordPress admin panel.
- Navigate to Plugins » Add New page.
- Click to Upload Plugin button.
- Select the the 'go_pricing.zip' file using the Choose File button and click to Install Now.
- When the install is ready click to the Activate Plugin.
After activation the 'Go Pricing' menu will be added to the WordPress side navigation panel.
Installing the plugin on WordPress Multisite
You can install plugin on WordPress Multisite as well, but individual site admins cannot install plugins on their own. The process is the same as seen in the previous chapter but you will need to initiate install from Network Admin if you are using WordPress Plugin Uploader. Also, the plugin activation is different.
You have two options to activate the plugin:
Activate for the entire network as follows:
- Navigate to My Sites » Network Admin » Plugins in the top navigation.
- Click to Network Activate.
Network activated plugin will be enabled on all sites of the network.
Activate for an individual site as follows:
- Select the site where you want to activate the plugin using My Sites » 'Your Site Name' in in the top navigation.
- Navigate to Plugins page.
- Activate the plugin.
Activated plugin will be enabled only on the selected site of the network.
1. Can I download the plugin directly from WordPress.org?
No, you can purchase it exclusively on codecanyon.net: http://codecanyon.net/item/go-pricing-wordpress-responsive-pricing-tables/3725820?ref=Granth
2. I cannot install the plugin, because I am getting error message that says: “Installing Plugin from uploaded file: codecanyon-…-pricing-tables.zip No valid plugins were found”. What should I do?
You are getting this error message, because you were trying to install the wrong file. This file is the complete Go Pricing plugin package with sample tables and documentation. Unzip this file first, and then try again then install with the: 'go_pricing.zip'. For further details, please read the First Steps section.
3. Is the plugin WordPress Multisite compatible?
Yes, the plugin is Multisite compatible. You should install/update the plugin through Network Admin. You may find more details here on this in the detailed documentation.