Update the Plugin
We are frequently releasing new features and bufixes to Go Pricing, so it is strongly recommended to update the plugin, to make sure that you utilise all the latest fixes, features and improvements!
If you have purchased a regular or extended licence you are entitled for free(!) lifetime updates.
How do I get notified about the updates?
You are automatically getting notifications using the WordPress built-in update notification functionaliity.
You can get email notifications about the available updates if you have enabled it for the product on Codecanyon.
First, make sure you have the plugin ZIP file 'go_pricing.zip' ready with you. See First Steps for download options.
There are two options when it comes to updating the plugin:
- A. Updating via the Plugin Update feature
- B. Updating using the FTP
A. Updating via the Plugin Update feature
- Navigate to Go Pricing » Update page.
- Drag and drop the “go_pricing.zip” to the so called “drop area”, alternatively you can browse the file with the help of “Select File” button.
If AJAX is turned off for the plugin, or you are using an older browser, you won't be able to use the drag and drop feature, you will need to update using “Select File” button and click to "Next".
This functionality available since v3.2.0. If you have lower version or file upload limitations then please use FTP.
B. Updating using the FTP
- Unzip the 'go_pricing.zip' file to a folder on your local drive.
- Upload the 'go_pricing' folder to the WordPress plugins folder on your server
(example: http://yourserver/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/) using FTP.
You don't have to uninstall or deactivate the plugin before this process.
1. I am getting “Invalid file type” error message while I am trying to update. What is the problem?
The selected file format is not valid, you can only upload zip files when you want to use the plugin’s update feature.
2. I am getting “Invalid plugin file or version!” error message while I am trying to update. What is the problem?
You are getting this error message because you were trying to install the wrong file. You should upload the plugin zip file 'go_pricing.zip' (see: First Steps).
Also, downgrading is not supported, which means that you cannot upload older version than your existing one.
3. I am getting “File size exceeds the maximum upload size!” error message while I am trying to update. What is the problem?
This limitation is happening because of your server settings, if you cannot change the server settings you will need to update the plugin via FTP.
4. I am getting “PHP Error in AJAX Response!” error message or the process simply stops while I am trying to update
This can happen because of some server settings, WordPress configurations or other 3rd party codes. You can try the update with with disabled AJAX. (see: General Settings). If you still have problems after the AJAX mode is turned off, you should update the plugin using FTP.